WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
- If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
- Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, stores information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional.
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite. If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- analytics.js, used by Google Analytics to track visitor statistics. Note Google Analytics does not store and does not allow any personally identifiable information in its cookies, expiry 1 year.
- _cfduid, used by the content delivery network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic, expiry 1 year.
- phpsessid, preserves user session state across page requests, sessional expiry, session expiry.
- _ga, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website, expiry 2 years.
- _gat, used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate, session expiry.
- _gid, registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website, session expiry.
MANAGE YOUR COOKIES
In most cases your device will be configured to accept cookies from the internet. However, your browser software or app will offer the facility to change your cookie preferences. To find out how to delete cookies and manage your browser’s settings please refer to your browser’s support pages. We’ve listed several popular support pages here:
PC / MAC BROWSERS
Please be aware that if you decide to limit or disable cookies, this may affect the extent to which certain websites will function on your device and may adversely impact your experience in terms of how you view and interact with a website.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
In addition to those cookies stored on servers with which we control, you should be aware that third party websites (for which we have no control, ownership or responsibility for) will have their own specific Privacy / Cookie policies. You can find information relating to Social Media websites via the following links.
QUESTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at Hair at Ridley Park, 113 Wensleydale Terrace, Blyth, NE24 3HF, United Kingdom.